iCloud sync generally happens automatically, within a few second. Any changes you make when you don’t have an internet connection are synced when you do have a connection. If you’re having trouble with a change not syncing, try these steps in order:
- Make Sure iCloud is Enabled: Follow the steps in this article to make sure iCloud Drive is enabled for Chronicle.
- Verify You Have Space on iCloud: If your iCloud Drive is very low or out of space, Chronicle will not be able to sync. See this article from Apple for more information on verifying available iCloud space and freeing up iCloud space.
- Perform a Manual Sync: If you made a change on one device that did not sync to other devices, try manually syncing that device. To manually sync a Mac, click the Sync button located on the bottom toolbar. To perform a manual sync on iOS, Pull to Refresh the list of bills (drag the list down as far as you can and release). First, manually sync the device that is up to date. Then try manually syncing the other devices.
- Edit and Re-Save the Bill: If a change you made still isn’t syncing to other devices even after a manual sync, try editing the bill and re-saving it on the device where you originally made the change. Select the bill, tap or click the Edit button in Chronicle, and then tap or click Save. This will re-trigger iCloud syncing.
- Create a New "Test Bill": If changes still don't seem to be syncing, create a new bill named "Test Bill" or similar, and see if it syncs to other devices. If it does, repeat step 4 for the bill(s) that did not sync.
- Toggle Sync Off Then On: On the device where you made changes that have not synced to other devices, turn iCloud sync off, then back on. Note: On iPhone or iPad, when turning iCloud sync off, you must close the Settings screen for the changes to take effect. So turn iCloud Sync off, then close Chronicle’s settings, then re-open Chronicle’s Settings and turn iCloud Sync back on and close settings. If, after a few seconds, changes still don’t appear on other devices, try toggling sync off and on on those devices as well.
- Restart Devices: If none of this works, try restarting all your devices, and relaunching Chronicle. If bills still don’t update after that, retry steps 3-6 after restarting.
- Sign Out of iCloud: If there is one device that refuses to sync, while other devices are syncing, log out of iCloud on that device, then log back in. Then, repeat the troubleshooting steps, starting with step 1.